Simprovise
Played by Lenara

free fall

Started by Morgyn Ember at 11 Mar, 2020 1:05 am
May 17, 2020
8 Posts

Morgyn Ember

mein herz brennt

That which does not kill me, had better run. Because now I'm pissed.

This consistently getting high as fuck habit was most likely not a good habit for Morgyn to have. Did he care? That depended upon the day. Most of the time, no, not particularly. It was what it was. It made some of the hurt go away, and most of the time, Morgyn wasn't certain where the pain was coming from to begin with. It was hard to deal with something caused by you had no idea what, or at least, so far, Morgyn hadn't had much luck with it.

It was just marijuana, of course, Morgyn didn't typically do harder drugs than that, but his potions had started exploding more frequently, and doing weird things. Morgyn's spells were doing all the flashing things without the actual effects behind them. It wasn't a good look, Morgyn was a little bit frustrated. It was to be expected, but Morgyn never was good at allowing himself the space to be human.

Morgyn had gone out for some fresh air, and time away from the questioning looks and the concerned glances. Morgyn was just high, it wasn't the end of the world, but he didn't need anyone bothering Ezio over this. Ezio didn't come here a lot anymore, and Morgyn couldn't blame him. Magic Realm was, sadly, beginning to be a little bit on the boring side, but only a little bit. Or maybe it was Morgyn that was beginning to be boring. The world may never know, and Morgyn wasn't thinking about this too hard.

As he started at Caster's Alley, across the pieces of broken bridge, a great idea came to mind. Morgyn used to jump off the islands at magic realm, just to see how long one would fall for. Morgyn hadn't ever just let himself fall and not stop at some point, because falling became boring after a point, too. Then, it was nigh impossible to get bored while high like he was, so maybe now was the best time to try it.

With that thought, Morgyn grinned, backed up, and took a running leap off the edge. There was a squeal back there somewhere, but then all Morgyn could hear was the sound of the air rushing past his ears. This would register as a terrible idea at some distant point in the future. But that point was not now, and it was oddly relaxing at the moment.

Kendra

Ezio Ember

Wolf Blood

Some people learn to love their chains.

Morgyn was an idiot.

No, that wasn't fair. Rather, Morgyn was in a lot of pain that the blond didn't understand, and had no idea how to deal with, which led to a lot of doing stupid things, like taking running dives off the islands in magic realm and the like. Once again, Ezio was plagued by L., frantically screeching down the phone at him about how Morgyn was going to get hurt that way someday. And something about how the blond was high as a kite. That much didn't surprise Ezio in the least; of course Morgyn was high as a kite. Morgyn was always high as a kite these days.

Of course, Ezio couldn't explain the things in Morgyn's heart, to Morgyn, because Ezio barely understood any of it either. Mostly, he had to wait until Morgyn understood it all, and talked to him about it. There was no promise that Morgyn would. Morgyn's modus operandi seemed to be rather, ignore it until it goes away, or smother it until it doesn't make any noise anymore, but that wasn't a way to live. You couldn't live by cutting pieces and parts of yourself out.

Ezio would know.

Still, he was the only one with enough control over Teleportalate to catch the idiot while in free fall, so, Ezio had grumbled something about Morgyn and high and islands, for Drake, and then activated his Glimmerstone. L. tapped her foot impatiently.

"That side," she said, pointing.

"Thank you..."

"Please make Morgyn stop this stupid shit," L. said.

"Oh, my dear, if I could, I would've already," Ezio replied, smiling, and then headed over to the edge, looked down... geronimo or something. And he Teleportalated off. It took a few of them before he'd gotten far enough down, following the feeling of Morgyn's magic, before he saw the red. One last Teleportalate, and he caught the idiot, holding Morgyn against him, and Teleportalating back up. He shifted his grip, making sure Morgyn wasn't going to fall out of his grasp. There was almost no point, but...

"And what did you jump for this time?" he asked. The curiosity got the better of him, or so.

Give me hope, give me strength,
I don't know, where it went.

Morgyn Ember

mein herz brennt

That almost hurt. Suddenly, there was an Ezio, and Ezio was catching him and teleportalating and he should not be doing that. Why shouldn't he be doing that? There was a good reason why not, thank you very much, but quite bluntly, Morgyn had forgotten. If it was truly so important, he was sure, sooner or later, it'd come to mind. At least, one could hope that a thing of importance would cross his mind sooner or later, but then, Morgyn had forgotten plenty of other, important things.

This was about Ezio, though, and Ezio was wildly important. Far more so than most others, of course, because there was only one Ezio, and Morgyn only cared that there was only one Ezio. Because Ezio was important, and Morgyn would be a very sad, much less impressive man without him. ... wait, what was he thinking about? ... he'd remember later if it was important. In the meantime, Ezio was talking. Why was Ezio talking to him while he was high, anyway, that seemed like a stupid thing to do, if one asked Morgyn, not that anyone was ask-EZIO was asking Morgyn something. Not that, something else.

"... yooooooou probably don't want the answer to that," was what Morgyn said, green eyes squinting. "Did Faba yell at you to come get me? Whyyyyy did you come anyway, I was gonna see how far down I can fall before I hit the barrier. Or fall into space. Ezio do you think it's possible to fall into space? You know, from magic realm? Cause that'd be pretty wicked." Why did Morgyn jump this time? By this point, he'd forgotten, and it probably didn't matter too much. It was just sad that someone had bothered Ezio over this, like they always did, as if Ezio was some kind of Morgyn whisperer or babysitter. That likely wasn't far from the truth, but they didn't have to go abusing that reality, or whatever.

Ezio needed a vacation, from... everything. Morgyn, and all the health things, and doctor's offices, and... and papers, term paper things, he did a lot of those for university now. But he wanted to be a lawyer, of course he was doing a bunch of paper things. Jesus. Morgyn needed a vacation from Morgyn.

Ezio Ember

Wolf Blood

Of course that was Morgyn's response. The truth was, if Ezio had to guess, that Morgyn had no more idea why the blond had jumped than anyone else did. It was another one of those results caused by something Morgyn didn't understand, and Ezio couldn't explain, because neither did he really understand. There were a lot of those. Between the two of them, they had enough of those to last the whole world for centuries, and still not be out of them.

Well. There was time for that later. Right now, Morgyn was high as the clouds, and Ezio really ought to get the idiot nowhere near the edge of this island, that was for sure. Ezio loosed a sigh, shifting his grip again (Morgyn had gotten heavier since the last time Ezio had needed to carry the blond), and shuffled back towards magic headquarters. If Morgyn really fussed with him, he'd just potato sack the idiot and go home, and they'd see how long Morgyn could continue fussing and being a pain in the ass with Ezio cuddling the dork.

"It is not possible to hit the barrier, Morgyn," Ezio said, tone deadpan. "You fall to a point and then the barrier teleports you back up. You know that." Or at least, Morgyn knew that when the blond was sober, but naturally, Morgyn wasn't sober right now, and thinking straight was a thing that belonged on some other day. "Still, you should stop jumping off these things. L. is right, someday you're going to jump wrong and hurt yourself. Or I'm not going to be able to teleport down there to get you." Ezio couldn't teleportalate very much; every time he did, it aggravated his heart, and probably, if he pushed it too far, it'd send him into cardiac arrest or something.

Not that he'd ever wanted to push it that far and find out, but there was a small corner of his mind that was curious what would happen. You know, for science. That was probably the scientist part of his head. Made the most sense. He wasn't going to do it, he was just curious.

Morgyn Ember

mein herz brennt

But why wasn't it possible to hit the barrier? Then, Ezio explained it, and Morgyn pouted, for just a moment. That was unfair. Morgyn just wanted to hit the barrier, or fall through it, whichever you'd do when you reached it. One could argue, of course, that being teleported back up was what happened when you reached it, and could be construed as a form of hitting it, so to say. That wasn't fair. How boring. Those fuckers just thought of everything, didn't they? Maybe one of them was a psychotic cyclone like Morgyn was.

Then Ezio said that, about not being able to teleport down to get him, and Morgyn stared at him for a moment, and then his vision blurred and he was crying, and he didn't understand why, and yet on second thought, yes he did. There were things that Morgyn never got used to, things he'd never come to terms with and didn't want to, things he'd not accepted and had no intention of accepting. The strong possibility of losing Ezio, that was one of those things. Even if it happened, Morgyn would likely still try to pretend it hadn't.

What would Morgyn do? No sense thinking about it. Morgyn had no idea. No one else had the control over Teleportalate. Maybe he'd just jump off an island and never have to figure it out. Knowing his luck, though, the All wouldn't let him not have to figure it out. Morgyn shifted around in Ezio's grasp, wrapping his arms around his larger frame. Ezio had all kinds of muscle. It was to be expected, but it still managed to surprise Morgyn from time to time. It'd been a long time since they were farmers in France, but Ezio had never lost the build, despite looking so much smaller now.

Was that perception, or was he losing weight? That was something to wonder about, and figure out, later. "Promise you won't go away," Morgyn said, between sniffles. "I don'wanna lose you." It was stupid. Ezio couldn't make a promise like that, not without lying, not on purpose but because no one knew what would happen tomorrow. Ezio could have a heart attack and drop dead in a few hours, Morgyn knew that. Somehow, maybe it'd make him feel better, as if saying it meant Ezio couldn't anymore. That wasn't how it worked. Morgyn knew that wasn't how it worked but oh, how he wished it was.

He hated this. And it was always like this. Ezio didn't want anything to change, and so they all ignored the elephant in the room, pretended Ezio wasn't dying, and waited for the axe to fall in silence. Sometimes, Morgyn was fairly sure it just hurt more, in the end, to pretend like everything was fine when it wasn't, but it wasn't as if Morgyn knew what else to do, either. So, here they were, pretending Ezio wasn't dying, and hoping beyond hope that he never did.

Ezio Ember

Wolf Blood

Oh, if Ezio could promise that, they'd be living very different lives, he thought. If things were so simple as that, they'd not be dealing with this at all. He understood now why Morgyn had jumped. It was the same reason sometimes Ezio was a little less careful making potions and the like. Nothing was turning out the way it should, there was that inevitable end looming over their heads, and somehow, it led to them being a little more reckless than they might've been otherwise. There was no real telling. Both the Embers were reckless as heck all when it suited them to be so. Maybe that was just how things were going to be.

Ezio loosed a sigh, shuffling into headquarters, around the side, and sitting down on one of the couches. He was careful not to jostle Morgyn too much, or drop the idiot, along the way. "I don't tend to make promises I don't know for sure I can keep," he said quietly. It was true. Ezio didn't like to say things he wasn't sure he meant, or make promises he didn't know for sure he could keep and wouldn't break. Ezio may take forever to commit to something, or someone, but when he did, he really meant it. No one could ever say Ezio half-assed anything. Truthfully, they couldn't say that about Morgyn, either. The Ember twins were true all or nothing sorts.

"No matter what happens, though, I'll never really be gone, right?" he said quietly. "Long as you remember me. I'll live in you, that's all." Ezio had accepted that a long time ago. Seemed silly to go over it again, but, Morgyn's pain never did stop, because Ezio may have accepted it, but Morgyn never had. If anything, the more time went on, the harder Morgyn rejected it. As if telling the universe 'no you can't do this' would somehow prevent it from happening.

Unfortunately, that wasn't how this worked. That wasn't how any of this worked. But neither could Ezio make Morgyn deal with it, either.

Morgyn Ember

mein herz brennt

Morgyn knew that. Knowing that, and hearing it said, were two very different things. Maybe he was being overdramatic and stupid about it, but, Morgyn never did accept it, and didn't intend to. This was one of those things that Morgyn intended to fight with everything he had until he didn't have anything left to fight with, and then he'd keep fighting. Ezio kept him sane, Ezio knew things about him that no one else did. How was he supposed to live without Ezio?

In all the years he'd had to think about it, Morgyn never did figure it out. How was he supposed to live if Ezio was gone? He was lucky, in some ways, that he hadn't needed to figure it out just yet, and at the same time, he wished it'd hurry up and make him think about it. More than Morgyn hated that Ezio was dying, he hated that there wasn't anything to do about it anymore but hope and wait. Sometimes, Morgyn thought he was Catholic. Most of the time, Morgyn believed in science, and that was it.

"I don't want you to live in me," Morgyn hiccuped. "I want you to live in you. I don't know what to do without you." Truth be told, Morgyn had never known what to do without Ezio, he'd just, once, been better at pretending he did. It was stupid, probably, it was more of a problem that he had to figure out a solution to, because it was his problem, not Ezio's. It was Morgyn that couldn't come to terms with any of it.

He wondered, albeit somewhat distantly, if Drake had any better luck than he, accepting it. Maybe he knew what to say to make this easier. Maybe nothing would ever make it easier.

Ezio Ember

Wolf Blood

Gods, if he didn't wish that was how it worked. That he couldn't leave because Morgyn didn't want him to, because Morgyn needed him, because frankly so did Drake if they were being honest about it, but that just... wasn't how it worked. Ezio was being careful, of course. At least, as careful as Ezio ever was. But someday, careful wouldn't be enough anymore. It'd destroy Morgyn and Drake wouldn't be much better off, and it wasn't like Ezio didn't know this and still, neither could he stop it.

There was something strangely comforting about mortality, even as it was also scary and strangely disappointing. Of course, Ezio wasn't so sure he wanted to deal with living forever. There were many, many beautiful, wonderful things about living, and yet there were just as many terrible and painful things. And the funny thing about it was that both of these kinds of things were, in some way, draining.

Morgyn was high and not thinking straight, and this conversation would inevitably be forgotten later, and Ezio knew it. There was no sense in having a whole conversation about it, spending the time on talking it out, because they'd have to do it again later. Except, later, when Morgyn was sober, the blond never wanted to think about it, much less talk. Ezio understood. Really, he did. But it didn't change reality. He was dying, and there was nothing either of them could do about it except wait for it, and maybe that was the hardest part. Sometimes, Ezio wished he'd hurry up and die already just to get it over with. Other times, he wished he'd live forever anyway.

"I know," he said. But he thought Morgyn did know what to do without him. Or at least, that Morgyn could figure it out, if the blond bothered trying. "Come on. You're high and you need sleep. We can worry about this in the morning, or whatever you'd prefer." Ezio shifted Morgyn around in his arms again, and then stood up. He'd just teleportalate, but it would probably be a bad idea, given how much his heart condition didn't like the spell. Instead, he headed for the portal that led back to Glimmerbrook. And maybe from there, he'd text Drake or something. That seemed like the easiest and least disastrous course of action.