Collapse Menu

Eye of the Firestorm — Magic Realm

Eye of the Firestorm

Started by Iname Shiba at 12 Sep, 2020 7:42 pm
June 4, 2020
8 Posts

Played by Lenara

Spellcaster

Iname had lost track of time. Of how long it had been since Aine appeared, since Ezio took a lightning bolt to the chest, since the rush to release him to the nurses of the hospital and since Morgyn absolutely snapped under the weight of the realization that Aine was the root cause of Ezio's heart condition. It was a lot to process, it was a lot to go through, and time had just seemed to wash away around them. Iname could recognize it for what it was, his mind struggling to remain focused on what it had to in order to make it through the situation, and letting everything else fall to the wayside. 

How long it had been could be processed when no one was in danger of dying, perhaps. 

From the hospital Iname had teleported Morgyn here, to the training grounds in Magic Realm, because at least here the fires could rage on and on and no one who didn't know about magic would see, and this area was made to withstand the violent release of power anyway. Nothing to burn down, no one to hurt who couldn't defend themselves. It wasn't an ideal solution, but it was the best one that Iname had had - and it was at least working in the sense that the area was serving its purpose well.

Iname didn't know how long it had been, but neither had he made any attempt to stray from the training grounds. He stayed out of the way, just distant enough not to be burned and waited for the flames to begin to abate somewhat. Where they would go from there would depend, Iname supposed.

But right now, he figured a small step at a time was best, and there was no point at looking too far ahead when he had no idea how long they'd be waiting for Morgyn to finally burn off the last of the energy. The rage? No, probably just the energy. He suspected the sage would be very angry about this for a very, very long time. Why was it that Aine insisted on being the center of all these terrible things?

Iname couldn't really tell if it was lessening or not yet, but even so he found himself moving a little closer to the sage. He didn't really want to leave Morgyn alone right now. That seemed like a really cruel thing to do. 

Played by Nova

Spellcaster
chaotic force of nature

That which does not kill me, had better run. Because now I'm pissed.

It was almost amazing, with Morgyn loosing blue flames here and there, the blond-er, actually, looked like Morgyn's hair had turned brown somewhere in there-hadn't managed to melt the stone up here. As it was, the cluster of stones Morgyn was lying on had started turning dimly red and giving off heat. It was also maybe a wonder Morgyn wasn't on fire.

By now, Morgyn wasn't sure which of those events hurt worse-the realisation that Ezio had just dove in the way of a lightning bolt to stop it from reaching Morgyn, or that Aine was actually the cause of literally everything wrong in their lives and still Morgyn had spent apparently far too long wanting to believe the best in her. It wasn't like Morgyn knew any better.

But Morgyn hadn't wanted to, either, and therein lie the problem. Was this Aine's fault for being an apparent psychopath, or was it Morgyn's for letting her be one unhindered?

Morgyn curled up on the stone. The pained screaming had stopped by now, being replaced with hiccups and sniffling sobs, and Morgyn would much rather just sit here and not move for the rest of the brunet's life. But Ezio needed Morgyn, too, and maybe it'd be a worse thing to fail to be there now than anything Morgyn had ever failed at before.

Of course, this did also mean, Aine had hurt Ezio like that with magic. That meant, Morgyn was right in thinking it could be fixed with magic. The problem was, no matter how much Morgyn would like to believe otherwise, Aine was right. Morgyn had no earthly idea what she'd done to him, or even in what order she'd cast what spells. Fixing it with magic, while entirely possible and even the best option, would be next to fucking impossible.

She'd given Morgyn pain that looked like hope. In hindsight, she sure had a habit of doing that, huh?

Morgyn rolled over slightly, and started to sit up. And then decided the sage still didn't have enough give a damn to bother, and fell back down. Wait, that was Iname over there. Morgyn moved again, just enough to face the other way.

"I didn't hurt you, did I?" Morgyn asked. Probably not, but, it was always a good idea to check. Morgyn had never breathed fire before, let alone breathed blue fire. That was definitely a new thing, and Morgyn wasn't sure what to make of it just yet.

Played by Lenara

Spellcaster

Iname continued to approach, since things really did seem to be calming down now. He'd stopped screaming, and the fire was not really flaring the same way it had been. Still, Morgyn was crying and that wasn't surprising - Iname paused not far away from the Sage again, hesitant to intrude into his personal space too closely, but also unwilling to leave him alone. 

Ah, Morgyn was speaking. Iname was kind of surprised the sage could speak after all that screaming, but he didn't comment on that directly. His hands had been mildly burned when he'd made the decision to teleport Morgyn here, but in the grand scheme of things the answer was no, he wasn't really hurt. The burns weren't that bad, and they'd heal. There was nothing he wanted Morgyn to worry about in this case. ... Morgyn likely would anyway, but maybe not, there was quite enough else to keep the sage busy.

"No, you didn't hurt me." Iname responded quietly. "Worried me a little, maybe, but all things considered I think that's maybe not surprising." No, not really. And it wasn't really Morgyn's fault, given what had happened. The sage had quite a lot to worry about. Morgyn did kind of look like the sage could use a hug though, and though Iname wasn't normally one to offer those, it kind of felt right, since Aine had probably been there looking for him when Ezio got involved. This was, after all, exactly what he'd been worried about. This wasn't a good time to bring that up though.

"You... look like you could maybe use a hug." Iname was more-or-less offering, because it seemed rather impolite to just assume that Morgyn would be okay with it. Crossing boundaries was generally frowned upon, and Iname didn't want to start that now, he'd done a good job not making Morgyn hate him, apparently. Iname didn't want to change it, even if things were complicated and Morgyn hating him would probably be easier in the longer run because Iname really hadn't ever mastered dealing with people.

But he wanted to try. He did settled down there on the stone now that it seemed calm enough that he could sit near Morgyn without being in direct danger. This was fine for the moment. 

Played by Nova

Spellcaster
chaotic force of nature

Morgyn would ask how and why, but the brunet understood already. That was a lot of screaming, and crying, and scream-crying. It was a wonder Morgyn could even talk right now, but the brunet wasn't going to question it too hard. Maybe the ability was only still there because Morgyn refused to shut up, and after some time of being quiet, it'd go away. That sounded about right, didn't it?

What now? Morgyn had no idea right now how things would turn out with Ezio. That was probably the dumbest thing he'd ever done in his life, and Morgyn would know. Aine was still a problem. And she'd really best hope Morgyn never found her again, because the brunet was going to fucking roast her. Like, legitimately. And Morgyn still needed to tell Drake what was going on. He probably had a better idea of what to do in this situation than Morgyn would. It wasn't like Morgyn had been here dealing with Ezio's varying hospital stays. Actually, Morgyn had been pretending they didn't happen.

But for the moment, maybe it was okay to just lie here.

Morgyn curled up tighter. "Probably," the brunet said. "But you should stay over there. The stones over here are still hot. I might be, too." At some point, Morgyn had realised the stone was heating up because the brunet was emitting that heat. Made sense, but also meant that touching Morgyn was probably a bad idea. Of course, Iname had done that earlier, teleporting them here, so Morgyn had to wonder if he'd lied about that not hurting him thing.

One thing at a time.

"Should've let it hit me." The worst that would've happened was, Morgyn sparked a little for a bit and had some burns. Nothing the sage couldn't deal with. Ezio was just... Ezio. "And for the record, this doesn't prove you right, Ezio's just an idiot." And if he just hadn't done that, they wouldn't be here right now. They'd probably be celebrating a win over Aine.

Played by Lenara

Spellcaster

Iname didn't argue with that sentiment, and so he stayed where he was, a bit back away from Morgyn. For a moment he was quiet, just letting Morgyn say what the sage was going to. Things had calmed down a little, but there was no way of knowing - yet - how bad things were looking at the hospital. Iname was almost afraid of what the answer might be, he wouldn't say that, either though.

No, Iname thought it did pretty clearly prove that he was right. One of them had gotten seriously hurt, in a way that all too easily could have been fatally hurt, and that was precisely what he'd wanted to avoid, any risk of them losing each other the way he had lost Kaiou because if nothing else Iname knew how badly that hurt. And Iname knew better than most that there really was no going back to normal after a loss as gutting as this. 

"If you say so." Was what Iname said instead, mostly because he had little interest in having that argument with the sage again. They'd both said their parts, Iname had thoroughly lost, and that was that.  "I'm still sorry, for what it's worth." Because Aine had probably been there for him, and just like Iname had been afraid of, someone had gotten hurt.

Never mind, apparently Aine had done a lot more than that to Ezio over the course of time, and that had clearly been the last straw for Morgyn. Iname couldn't blame the sage. Aine really had made a mess of things, and she'd gone and made it personal for Morgyn too. There was even less of a point in arguing that the Embers shouldn't be involved than there had been before. "I don't think Ezio had it in him to just let anything happen to you though." So there was that. 

Played by Nova

Spellcaster
chaotic force of nature

Morgyn did say so. Of course, the brunet was also well aware that this did mean Iname was right. Exactly what he was afraid of happening, happened. Whether that was because Ezio was an idiot or not, truthfully it didn't make a difference. Things ended the way they'd ended. Morgyn was just... scared of losing Ezio to this, that was all, and was trying to think of anything but that. Ezio had always been this way, but this was a little much. More than usual, at least.

For sure, maybe keeping Ezio away from Aine would be in the cards. It depended on how things turned out. Of course, if Ezio didn't survive this... Morgyn didn't want to think about it, but if he didn't make it, Morgyn wasn't saying Aine's life was going to start sucking and a lot, but it might. As much as it pained the sage to admit it, Iname was at least right in that if Morgyn went after her right now, there was a very high chance the idiot would just end up in the same state Ezio was, even if only because the sage wasn't thinking straight. Actually, there wasn't a lot of thinking going on at all, because Morgyn didn't want to think about anything just yet.

Well. It wasn't like Morgyn could walk away from this now. Unfortunately, she was after Ezio, and just like no one got to Morgyn without going through Ezio, no one got to Ezio anymore without going through Morgyn. Too many things and too many people had been trying to take him away for too long. Morgyn was about fucking fed up with it.

"I know," Morgyn answered. And Morgyn did know that. And if their roles were reversed, Morgyn would've done the same thing. "I need to tell Drake what's going on. He's better with the doctors and the paperwork and things like that than I am." But Morgyn should probably not set anything on fire in the process. Morgyn released a sigh, and then rolled over and sat up, staring at the stones, then sat down, legs crossing. Breathing. Air was a good thing, and focusing on breathing should make the rage temper a little.

Somehow, some way, Morgyn was going to rip Aine apart for this. But the sage at least knew this wasn't how to do it, and Ezio needed Morgyn way more than Aine did right now.

"You probably just saved my life," Morgyn said. "... so... thank you." Because, most likely, Morgyn would've gone at her until one or the other of them died, and may not have really cared which of them it was that died.

Played by Lenara

Spellcaster

Right. Other people probably did need to know about the situation at hand. There'd been enough going on it hadn't really crossed Iname's mind - not that it mattered, it wasn't as if he had a way of contacting the vampire that didn't involve just showing up on his doorstep. And... Iname hadn't been intending to leave Morgyn while the other was like this so... that option was definitely out. Still, now that the Sage had brought it back up... it was at least marginally important to follow through with.

He'd done for Morgyn and Ezio what he hadn't been able to do for himself, for Kaiou. "You're welcome." It wasn't the 'it's nothing' that Iname had originally meant to say, but it was fine. He was going to just leave it there, and not examine the bitter feeling of rage that he had sitting somewhere in his chest because they didn't both need to be so angry about Aine that they couldn't think. And Iname had done well so far focusing on Morgyn instead of himself. It could last.

He'd figure it out later.

"I'm sure Drake will understand the delay in letting him know, so take the time you need." Mildly. One step at a time, or something like that, right? This was the next major step, Morgyn calming down enough that they could go back to San Myshuno to let Drake know what had happened. And then maybe heading back to the hospital for an update, because they had just sort of.. vanished. It wasn't like there had been any other good options, letting Morgyn spit fire all over the back of the hospital would have eventually caught someone's attention.

And sure, erasing or modifying memories, making things not a big deal anymore, that was something they were capable of. ... It was also easier not to have to worry about such things.

Played by Nova

Spellcaster
chaotic force of nature

Most likely, he would. Drake was like that. But then, if Morgyn didn't have some kind of motivation for pulling himself out of this one, maybe he never would. As always there was, there was that temptation to run away from it and ignore it'd ever happened, that Aine didn't do or say those things, that Ezio didn't get hurt like that for that reason, that everything was perfectly fine. There was a time when Morgyn could've told himself that everything was perfectly fine and there was nothing strange or questionable or traumatic in his life, especially not to do with Aine, or Ezio, or Aine and Ezio, and anyone that implied otherwise simply didn't understand.

Morgyn thought that time was over, now. Why did she tell him that, anyway? What exactly was the point of it? No. It was a stupid question, Morgyn knew the answer to it. The truth was, she wanted to hurt him. She knew better than most, Morgyn had no emotional control to speak of, and if she was going to cripple him, it'd be through his emotions. Morgyn tended to react first, and then perhaps think about it somewhere in the aftermath, but the peculiarities and semantics of emotional regulation and how emotions worked had always escaped Morgyn anyway. Still, he had a weakness. Maybe that was something he should seek to change.

He could admit, in his head, that he felt awfully lost right now. Maybe, this was one of those things he'd have to take one step at a time. Just do the next thing that needed to be done. The next thing that needed to be done was, Morgyn needed to calm down. Throwing a fit right now wasn't going to solve anything anyway, and there were other things that needed to be done. Morgyn drew a breath in, and releaed it... a puff of blackened smoke loosed with it. He'd ponder the semantics of breathing fire some other time. He'd ponder blue fire and how it worked also some other time.

"You know," Morgyn said, "you're a lot nicer than you like to pretend you are." Morgyn glanced back at Iname, a cluster of brown hair falling in his eyes. For a moment, Morgyn just stared at it, and then he ran a hand through it. It turned red. Better. "Or is this special circumstances? One-time thing sort of deal?" He could probably manage not to get used to it.