Unexpected Circumstances

Started by Kassander Giovanni at 29 Sep, 2020 1:30 am
June 5, 2020
4 Posts

Played by Arceus

Vampire
the blinding one

Grief is the price we pay for love.

Of course, there was never a question of whether or not Kassander was going to come out here to see Drake while Ezio was in the hospital. To do anything else, for him, would be rather strange, even if theoretically, Kassander supposed, it was somewhat moot. Ezio was in process of turning, though it was a question, still, whether it would properly turn him, or simply kill him. Either one was a potential outcome. Even Kassander didn't have the answer to that. It was up to Ezio and how strong his will to live was.

Kassander wasn't much of a flashy person, anymore. His hair was slicked back, his nose ring gold only because it stood out less on his skin, and one would likely call his attire, as always, business casual, without the casual. Kassander already knew where he was going, so he strode into the hospital, up the stairs, around the hallway, and neatly folded himself down next to Drake. He didn't say anything, though. It was difficult to miss his presence, and maybe the other blond would much rather pretend Kassander wasn't there. It was possible.

Funny. Looking like you knew where you were going and what you were doing, it still worked as a deterrence.

[blah sorry, kinda short lol]

I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible.
And when I leave you will finally understand, why storms are named after people.

Played by Lenara

Vampire

Drake knew Kassander was approaching at least a few moments before he sat down in the chair beside him. The younger vampire turned his head slightly towards the father of vampires, and offered a strained smile and a polite incline of his head in acknowledgement before returning his attention to the laptop in front of him, at least long enough to finish the sentence he'd been in the middle of. And then he went ahead and closed the laptop and left it there in his lap. It didn't matter much, his hands rested lightly over the lid.

"I would say I'm surprised you came, but perhaps I shouldn't be." Kassander tended to know everything Drake had learned long before now, and if nothing else the other vampire did seem to like both Drake and Ezio. Drake had more or less been adopted into the Drago, which was only funny when you realized he was living in Desert Storm territory. Thankfully the Storm and the Drago went far enough back it hardly mattered, anymore. Just as long as no one caused trouble, and certainly Drake tended to stay out of it when he could.

This was a mess, and it was hard to say if Ezio would finish turning and be mostly okay or if something very bad was going to happen. Drake was almost afraid to hope for the best, but... it didn't matter. This was one of those things that was out of his hands anyway.

Played by Arceus

Vampire
the blinding one

Grief is the price we pay for love.

Of course. It was likely surprising insofar as realising Kassander had taken the time out of his day to come, which for some reason always seemed to be surprising to Drake (no, Kassander knew why...). But things like this, these were things Kassander had been doing since long before Drake had met him. Things were difficult just now. It was hard to imagine Drake wasn't panicking to some extent, at least internally, things like this weren't necessarily at the forefront of his mind. Kassander tried to remember it.

"No," Kassander said. "You shouldn't be. I suppose you should've expected it at some point." Most likely. Kassander went quiet, for a moment, watching the wall. Whenever he asked how things were, Drake tended to stare at him in befuddlement. Kassander knew everything, was the reasoning, and he was quite busy a person. Surely he had more important things to do than listen to a recap of things he already knew. (Of course. But the knowing wasn't the point of such exercises.)

Perhaps, this time, he'd word it a different way. Something more accurate, and less difficult to fathom. Hmmm. Kassander was drawing blanks, at first, and then, if one was paying attention, realisation dawned in his eyes and he glanced back over at Drake.

"What's on your mind?" Yes. Maybe that would be just the thing. Drake was surely thinking something, and no, Kassander never did know what someone was thinking until told. And he couldn't always guess, particularly with individuals such as Drake. Surya was another one that was nigh impossible to read. Well, Kassander probably was, too.

I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible.
And when I leave you will finally understand, why storms are named after people.

Played by Lenara

Vampire

Maybe he should have, but Drake never really expected anyone to take time out of their day to talk to him, and it was always a tiny bit strange to him that someone with as much going on as Kassander had would... bother. But Kassander always did, it seemed and maybe they were passed the part where Drake should bother trying to understand it and settled more firmly into the range of he just needed to accept that this was the way things were. It wasn't like it was a bad thing, or like he didn't want Kassander around. The older vampire was a nice guy. ... Scary sometimes, but nice.

Wasn't that the question? Drake was quiet for a moment, ostensibly trying to sort out his thoughts enough to actually answer the question that had been posed. 

"Honestly mostly a very short loop of what if this time it's too much and he just doesn't come back from this." Was what Drake said. "And I always knew it was a possibility and it's one of those things that will happen no matter what but I just..." He shrugged. It wasn't going to get out of his head any time soon, that was just something he would need to accept, more or less. "Along with a much quieter thread of wondering how exactly the turning might be progressing. Or if something stopped it." He couldn't really tell that from the outside.

He'd know, when it completed, of course. If it completed rather than Ezio dying, but that was... not ideal. Ezio turning suddenly while here in the hospital could be a boon for his recovery. It also could end in someone getting hurt because Drake wasn't able to properly time when it would happen, exactly. He'd thought about warning Troi but he also wasn't sure... just how useful doing that would be.